The "x" in Mexico originated when the Spaniards couldn't pronounce the Nahuatl
sound in that name, which is a sort of "sh" sound.  They also used "x" to
indicate certain sounds in Arabic they couldn't pronounce - so that
"Guadalajara" used to be spelled "Guadalaxara" .  Using an "x" is the older way
of spelling these words.

Anyway I had Un Chien Andalou performed on me a few weeks ago when i got my
eyeballs scraped smooth with a knife so i could see better.  It hurt like hell,
but it worked:  i can see a whole lot better now.  And would like to see that
Chien again myself.

woof guau,
john

Dr. John M. Bennett