Ah, but the online representation does not wholly match the original, which wouldn’t have any of the controller stuff showing! Ideally, this thing should be viewed on a TV or projected in a room with the lights off. Also, the Internet can’t play 29.97fps, can it? I think the frame-rate difference between the original and whatever is the max online may account for some of the scan line effects, which at least to my eyes appear to be much less present in the original.

Ganzfeld, yes. Which artists used that idea? I know of people like Irwin and Turrell in art, but can’t think of anybody in video offhand.