Thanks for this - I'll try it. I wonder what would happen if the video
were looped - Alan

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Dirk Vekemans wrote:

To do away with the top too, see
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/mediaskins.html

You need Quicktime Pro to do this i guess.

Create an entirely black WinMask.gif and DragMask.gif the exact size of your
movie and follow the rest of the tutorial, you oughto end up with sth like
you see next to this mail on my desktop:
http://www.vilt.net/nkdee/graphics/sondheimtech.jpg

Disadvantage for performance: it gives you a white square when the film has
done playing, making for a floodlight. You can avoid that only by hitting
CTRL Enter in time (+ include sufficient black frames at the end of your
movie)

Alternetavely you could some soft/hard combinations like Pinnacle PCTV, that
hides all frames except a 3 pixel border. The Pinnacle TV card also comes
with a remote control which is handy on stage. But then you'd have to
convert all your qt's to MPEG streams or AVI DV's.

greetings,
dv

BTW the suzanne-graham was great!