It's interesting how many people here work across, or tunneling through, disciplines, knowledge mashups, etc. If there were a word to characterize the writing of wryting I'd probably use 'cranial.'

Then there are associative techniques as you and others describe, metaphor cut loose, almost abandoned, in its power -

Alan