Hi

This reminds me of something I've been wanting to do for while....

Positioning a box that is in the document flow to the horizontal centre of the screen is easy using margin : 0, auto; This doesn't seem to work with position : absolute; - I'd like the (fixed width), absolutely positioned box to be dead centre in the viewport horizontally.
I would have thought that absolutely positioned boxes are placed relative to the viewport. Maybe I should use left : auto; and right : auto; ?

Why am I doing this with abs positioning? Because I have a script that outputs content into a block at the end of the file - I'd like to present it at the top of the page for easy user recognition.

Any ideas?

Cheers
James