I am building a site in a 3 column fluid layout (with header and footer
divs) and I want to have a grey line between the columns to delineate them.

I know I can use a background graphic with a background-repeat:y;  to create
the line, but the problem is different columns will be the longest in
different pages.  If I put a background graphic in the left and right
columns, that will draw the grey delimiter as far down the page as content
goes in those columns but there are is a problem with that approach:

The side columns have to be a fixed width and that sort of takes away some
of the 'fluidness' of the layout.

Is there any way to make both the grey column delineators go all the way
down the page to the top of the footer div at the bottom?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks