On Feb 28, 2004, at 5:10 PM, Chris Stratford wrote:
 I said MOST people, because on teh website that James sent over.
 They say that thy have conducted Polls etc...

It's like the cat food commercial... they used to say "8 out of 10 owners said their cats prefer Whiskas" and after a while they were forced to say "8 out of 10 owners who expressed a preference said their cats prefer Whiskas"... I'd be interested to know how many people actually responded to those polls... I mean, they didn't ask *me*... I didn't even know about it.

For much of the early 90's I used to write coding standards for a living and conduct code audits. Folks got very religious about brace styles, indentation and naming convention - three of the least important aspects of a good coding standard (in my opinion). Consistency is the only defensible position for those subjects. As for the other stuff, they were happy to be advised what to do (I'm talking about guidelines for complexity, cohesion, coupling, coding for maintenance...).

Anyway, it's interesting to know that people actually do care about brace style in the CSS world! :)

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
-- George Bernard Shaw