I agree, it's a personal preference more than anything else. I can say from the butt-load of site's I looked at, the vast majority used the "goofy" style. I personally choose that way when I code because it's what I'm used to and comfortable with.

The one that drives me nuts is what someone called the "inline" style, which is a major pain in the butt to look through quickly when attempting to fix or change things. I've had quite a few redesigns recently where I had to run through the old stuff and it was in this format...I shoulda bought stock in Advil beforehand. The coding was very sloppy to say the least. My experience with that is it's a favorite among those ASP/M$ guys.

Only one site wasn't, and that site already utilized PHP and had clean clode everywhere (HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.) and was nicely commented. She was a breeze to redo and a pleasure...wish more went like that one did.

MD