-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stanton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 10 March 2004 12:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Mike

The purpose of this list is two fold: Q&A stuff and general web
standards
discussion/news updates. We have tried to create a culture on this list
that
is very topic based rather than creating a really chatty community with
lots
of OT posts about what people got up to on the weekend.

So basically we want this list to contain anything and everything as
long as
its on topic.

I realise that there are other CSS Q&A lists out there, but this list is
different in the sense that it is really the extension of a group and
the
group's meetings. I would say that at the moment the membership of the
list
these days far exceeds the attendance of our meetings, but the list has
evolved out of the group & group meetings.

People who can't make it to meetings are always welcomed & encouraged to
organise meetings in their areas.

We are very aware of list volume issues and understand that this is a
touchy
subject for some, but at the same time getting too restrictive will
alienate
other list members.

I've got a graphic artist in here who has similar complaints to yours -
he
finds Russ's emails with lists of links very interesting because they
give
him a good idea of issues that he has to design around and techniques
that
we can be employing. But he doesn't code CSS all day so he doesn't
really
get much from the "how do I get this float working" posts.

What would you think about a blog & RSS feed for news stuff (or would
this
just be "another CSS blog")? Or two lists, one for news and one for
implementation issues?

Anyway its an open issue at the moment - we're still trying to find the
right mix.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Stanton