Paul Ingraham wrote:
the wrapping text seems to accommodate changes in the BOTTOM margin of the
sidebar just fine.  So why on earth can't the flowing text work with an
altered TOP margin?

If I can't build what I want, I hope to at least understand why!

Forget my previous post. I've gone all the way with this one: <http://kristof.f2o.org/test/sidebarHack/>

The sidebar content doesn't move anymore, but it looks as if it did.
I've absolutely positioned it on top of a floating span.
I've even thought about the text-resize possibility.
Now the only thing I need to do is put that span in there dynamically.

I still don't recommend it, but it's less bad than my last example.

--
Kristof