Paul

Do you have a picture or URL? Then we can grok it in fullness.

Cheers
James

Paul Ingraham wrote:

Okay, you guys made good short work of my first simple css question, and it
was a great introduction to this list.  Thank you all.  Now it's time for
another!

I want a sidebar, and I've created one.  Looks lovely.  A couple paragraphs
inside a div, floated off to the right and breaking the right margin.
Little background, little border, and so far so good.  Looks like this:

main content main content main content main content main content main content

 main content main      sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar
 main content main      sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar
 main content main      sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar
 main content main      sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar
 main content main      sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar

 main content main content main content
 main content main content main content

Just one problem. The top of the sidebar is always on the same line as the adjacent paragraph. I'd rather have this:

main content main content main content main content main content main content main content main sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar main content main sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar main content main sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar main content main sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar main content main sidebar sidebar sidebar sidebar main content main content main content main content main content main content

Just like wrapping text around an inline image. Like so:

rhubarb rhubarb</div> and the some more blah blah blah.</p>

Which obviously doesn't work, because you can't put divs inside a paragraph,
but I don't know what else to do.  I did try to declare div.sidebar
{display:inline}, thinking that might magically make my div into an inline
object, but that caused chaos.

Am I making any sense?  Does anyone know what I'm after... and how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Paul