Paul Ingraham wrote:
...but to my knowledge you can't reach your
wish without putting the sidebar in the middle of your content.

Actually, I can't even reach it by doing that! I haven't figured out ANY way of doing it, acceptable or otherwise. So maybe my questions wasn't so simple question, unless the answer is just "no, you can't do that."

Well then this is the "or otherwise" solution: <http://kristof.f2o.org/test/sidebarUglyHack/>

I'm strongly against using it in real life.
It puts the sidebar in the middle of a paragraph after the page loaded.
Browsers without javascript support will not see this effect.

--
Kristof