From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Mordechai Peller
Sent: 04 June 2004 00:24
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; webdesign-l
Subject: [WSG] Make em' pay for IE

If you try to complain about IE to a client, they'll most likely say
that that's our problem. The truth is, since they are paying the bill,
it's their problem. It seems that the only way to get truth through to
them is to include in the invoice: "Corrections To Make IE Compatible."
If they say that we should therefor forget about the other browsers,
just tell them even if we did that, there would be no time savings
because we would still need to compensate  for IE's bugginess. Top it
off by offering to throw in for free some bell and whistles which IE
doesn't support.

This should do two things:

1) Make people aware that 100% IE support will cost them money. (But
don't compromise on one bit of functionality, just some polish.)

2) By creating a difference between IE and compliant browsers, people
will begin to realize that there is a difference.

Will this mean the end of IE dominance? I doubt it. It may however lead
to the end of IE's super-dominance, which should be good enough.