From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Nick Gleitzman
Sent: 09 June 2004 02:21
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] Action to force browser developers to clean up their
act

On Wednesday, June 9, 2004, at 10:26  AM, Peter Firminger wrote:

> Could it be that your site is broken, not the browser? We don't have
> any
> trouble accommodating IE with standards compliant code. I think your
> taking
> the argument too far and blaming the tool.

> There are very few issues remaining if you code your page thoughtfully
> (not
> in quirks mode) and ignore the features (like attribute selectors) that
> don't work in IE. Get over it.

Giles' original post said

> I'm pissed off trying to fix a lump of code that is apparently
> compliant but breaks in one browser because some halfwit can't be
> bothered to develop compliant software.

Ironically, he didn't say which browser - but having also suggested
that 'we have to live with IE' because of 'market forces', the
inference was there.

My answer to Giles was supposed to say, just as you have, 'Get over
it.' I obviously have to stop contributing so late at night.

Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/