Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has ideas for a simpler way of dealing with this issue than
I have.

The issue:
I like to set my font sizes in ems. I also use ems a lot to position block elements so
that my designs work better as people expand & contract their text sizes. The problem
is for example if I have body with font-size 1em and h1 with font-size 1.5em, then a
10em margin on a div (within body) renders at 2/3 the size of the same 10em margin on
an h1.

The solution I've come up with is to enclose non-1em sized text in a span tag and
assign font size values with a contextual selector (e.g. h1 span {font-size:1.5em}).
The problem with this solution is that it means adding quite a few semantically
meaningless tags.

Anybody got a better idea?
--
Bill McAvinney