Andreas

1. You may want to research the pros and cons of automated accessibility testing

2. what do you mean by "password place-holder" ?

Neerav Bhatt
http://www.bhatt.id.au
Web Development & IT consultancy
Mobile: +61 (0)403 8000 27

http://www.bhatt.id.au/blog/ - Ramblings Thoughts
http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/neerav

Andreas Boehmer wrote:
Hi guys,

I have got a website (www.jet.org.au) that passes Bobby almost with AAA,
with the exception of the default place holders. The reason I do not want to
put them into the site is because every page has got a login form at the
top. With the default place-holders, the login form would look something
like this:

Username: Enter username
Password: ************

The password place-holder looks pretty useless and confusing to me. Most
users will plain wonder what that is supposed to do, it's not really helpful
at all.

So I'd love to hear your opinions on this one? Shall I enter them just to
pass the accessibility tests, or leave them out for (in my opinion) better
usability? Being so close to AAA and not reaching it is frustrating.

Thanks!

Andreas.