I completely agree that automated accessibility tests are not efficient
enough to rate a website accessible. However, there are reasons why these
tests ask for default place-holders, which I do not want to plainly ignore,
just because they have been requested by Bobby.

> 2. what do you mean by "password place-holder" ?

If I put a default place-holder into a form field with the type="password",
it obviously appears as "***********". That's the bit I would like to avoid,
yet for accessibility reasons it may be required to provide it.

There's a discussion going on whether default place-holders are really
necessary or not. Appearantly there are some browsers or assistive
technologies that do not find form elements if they don't have a default
text in them.