Hi Darren

Just joined the list a couple of hours ago...Anyway, our main site  -
www.mch.govt.nz - is quite close to getting there - though not yet
perfect (what is?) it generally validates and does all that stuff. We're
in the process of doing a major redesign which will be very much
standards-driven from concept (the current version is me trying to fix
the tag soup that was there before..).

I've also done some more complicated stuff on our nzhistory.net.nz site
(also in desparate need of a revamp) including this mult-media monster:
http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/Gallery/parlt-hist/index.html . More
recently, I did the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior site, which is also a
.govt.nz one: http://www.nationalwarmemorial.govt.nz/unknown/index.html

So don't despair too much, you are not alone!

Also, while I think the Radio NZ one is ok, I think the Radio NZ
International one is better: http://www.rnzi.com/index.php (though I'm
not a great fan of columns that slide together with a narrowing window).

Cheers
Jamie Mackay
Web Editor / Researcher
Ministry for Culture and Heritage