David I agree it's not perfect =) point is: the language changes the role of the breadcrumb form informational to navigational, And at least I noticed it... usually I don't see breadcrumbs or simply go "so what?"

There are a lot of things about breadcrumbs that simply don't make sense, particularly where there are multiple pathways to the content.

For example, in a typical blog (with categories) there is always at least two hierarchies that content lives in: the post date, and the category.

Terrence Wood.

On 2004-12-15 10:42 AM, David Laakso wrote:
Why would I click "return to" when I've never been there in the first place? And why when I get to where I "return to", do I need to click the back-button in order to back where I started from?

David

--
"You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery