I dont know if it is ok to post this kind of question here.

I am trying to play a simple Mp3 file in the server, it works in IE, and I have read that if something works on IE but not in other browsers it is most likely because it is not writen properly. I have tested it extensibly in my machine and it is working. I have used the deprecated <embed> tag and the <object> tag, both work on my computer and on IE on the server, but not on FF.

Could some one take a look and help me find where I am making the mistake? Web references are good too. I have been searching for nearly 3 hours in different sites but none that I have found cover mp3, I even found a way around to embed Media Player in FF.

Here is my code:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="144"HEIGHT="16"
CODEBASE="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab";>
<PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="MP3%20File.mp3">
<PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="true">
<PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="true">
<EMBED SRC="MP3%20File.mp3" WIDTH="144" HEIGHT="16" AUTOPLAY="true" CONTROLLER="true" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/";>
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>

TIA,
Helmut

// I apologize for stealing the previews thread. My mistake.

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/