On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:44:52 +0100, Piero Fissore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

#menu {
width: [$menuwidth-$menupadding-2*5px];
padding: $menupadding;
border: 5px solid red;
}

Mmm, cool! But does it really help you?

During development - a lot.

I usually put menu after content in document - this means that I need to position it absolutely below page logo and reserve some space under the logo.
That's a lot of repeated and cross-referencing dimensions and many of them are changed to accomodate paddings and borders.
Without expressions, if I wanted to make logo or menu taller, I've had to find and recalculate many properties scattered around document.

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński