Ben,

Am Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005 um 17:23:57 haben Sie geschrieben:

> For further reference: You also use both "lang" and "xml:lang" in
> XHTML transitional for backward compatibility with HTML4, whilst in
> strict mode "xml:lang" is all you need.

I agree with you in all points but this one. Even in XHTML 1.0 the
lang-Attribute is needed. It is droped in XHTML 1.1.

See: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#a_dtd_XHTML-1.0-Strict

<!-- internationalization attributes
  lang        language code (backwards compatible)
  xml:lang    language code (as per XML 1.0 spec)
  dir         direction for weak/neutral text
-->
<!ENTITY % i18n
 "lang        %LanguageCode; #IMPLIED
  xml:lang    %LanguageCode; #IMPLIED