I have good experience with Tidy:
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

/Anders

George S. Williams skrev:

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 06:36, Angela Galvin wrote:

Secondly, with the Word documents, if there is an easier way to convert them to HTML?

I use an open source program, antiword, to convert the Word docs to text
and then just add the necessary markup. (And, of course, edit out the
Word weirdness!) I've found this to be about 5 times faster than cut and
paste.

This is on a Linux box, but a Windows version of antiword seems to be
available at-

http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/~markus/antiword/

George