> designer

> I'm new to PHP/mySQL and I'm finding that some peculiar things
> happen, such as </body> and </html> appear in the middle of the code.

Difficult to know without seeing a URL and the associated PHP code.
Sound like an error in the PHP to me, though...

> $myurl="testdate.php?houseID=$housename&changeID=$changeover";

> causes problems in that the generated pages don't validate: the
> ampersands seem to confuse the validator.

As with any other XHTML, & needs to be encoded as &amp;

$myurl="testdate.php?houseID=$housename&amp;changeID=$changeover";

> Or am I overtired and making a mess of things?

Possibly :)

Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk