On 12/4/05, Bob Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2. A friend just got back into the web design game after a long time
> away. He sent me his site: pure HTML 2.0, no doctype lots of tables
> and the usual tag soup.
> I mentioned to him that things had changed and he should "get with"
> the modern way of doing things. To his various questions as to why, I
> gave all the right answers, but in the end he said if it works, why
> change? I viewed his site in all my various MAC & WIN browsers, it
> worked just fine in all of them.

Tables + tag soup = hacking. Your friend really needs to get with it.
Validation is not the main issue, it's accessibility. Speed is
important too. If you can convince him to use CSS (if you can't, you
have a lot to learn too, or he is dumb) then he will want to get
browsers out of quirks mode, since that is where the real differences
show. Then he will have to have a doctype, to make sure that browsers
(mostly) follow the rules.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com