Alt attribute content only provides tool tips in IE because it is a non-compliant browser. They do not display in other browsers. The title attribute however, does display in Firefox, but not sure about Opera et al.

Regards,

Ric

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'd just like to point out that the alt text does benefit everyone in situations like providing tooltip content and for when images are not able to be downloaded/viewed. i.e. provide content for what the image would have been if it was displayed correctly (in fact I though that this was the reason for 'ALT' text, and it just benefitied assistive technologies like screen readers too, not the other way around?).

Then there is the issue of what is 'meaningful' alt text, but Im not going to touch that one.

Cheers,

Nathan