Rimantas Liubertas wrote:
2005/12/22, Jay Gilmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
<...>

 Still looking for a valid replacement to the IE CSS, display: inline-block;
thing...

What am I missing? display: inline-block is perfectly valid in CSS2.1
Is your problem that CSS validator defaults to CSS2 profile?
You can change that selecting CSS2.1 for "Profile" in [2].
Sorry, if I misunderstood your statement.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#propdef-display
[2] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri

Regards,
Rimantas
Many thanks! It is always a pleasure being given a polite boot-in-the-a$$. I guess I'll be reading the 2.1 spec over the holiday.

2nd best thing I learned from this group -- inline-block is valid -- and -- I can change the default settings in Pederick's Toolbar.

All the best,

Jay