> kvnmcwebn

> lisa,
> If you provide the user with a Javascript pop-up window that they
> > > right-click to display a pretty flash-based font-increasing
> > app, the user
> > > could increase the font as much as they like.
> > >
> > > It's known as the 'Clydesdale Hack'.
>

> can you give me an example of the this?...it sounds like this
> would be a
> tough nut to crack for me.

Lisa forgot to put the <sarcasm> tags around her content. She wasn't being
serious there...

> are there other recommended options for a font "volume" controller,
> swicthing style sheets/skins  etc..

I'm fairly hardline and say that this is not the type of functionality
we as web *content* developers should be bothering with. The onus is
squarely on the *browser* to provide this functionality to the user.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk