Terrence Wood wrote Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:02:32 +1300:

> On 22 Feb 2006, at 2:50 PM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> > Outlook users should ...switch to a better mail client that isn't
> > broken.

> Outllok can be configured to send plain text can't it?

I think an equally big problem with Outhouse is that it can't quote
properly without an add-in and that even if someone knows how and takes
the trouble to fix their copy of it that it still breaks threading by
stripping all incoming references before it sends out replies. It really
irritates me that new SeaMonkey/Mozilla/Thunderbird profiles also send
HTML by default, and that to really turn it off you have to find two
pref boxes on separate settings pages to uncheck.

> I usually don't bother to read the 1mm tall text it sends out
> (screenshots on request), unless I'm really interested in the thread.

All incoming HTML and other multipart gets filtered automatically to my
trash, and so I only open what looks safe according to subject lines.
Good thing for the subject key [WSG] or many posts from this list would
never get opened, unlike WD and css-d posts, whose moms seem to have
greater disgust for HTML than Russ & co and pre-filter so that those
lists don't get evil mail in the first place. Maybe we should take a
poll to see if the majority want that implemented here. ;-)

Speaking of screenshots, this reminds me of a file I just rediscovered
earlier while reviewing some oldies from back before I knew what a
doctype was. Try not to have a heart attack ROFLOL. Yes, I really did
regularly use 800x600 once upon a time.
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/emailmumbojumbo.html  :-p
--
"Love your neighbor as yourself."                Mark 12:31 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/auth