The main screen readers in the United States are:

GW-Micro Windoweyes ($795)
http://www.gwmicro.com/

JAWS for Windows ($1,395)
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/software_jaws.asp

These have demo versions that run for 40 minutes and then you
need to reboot your computer, if you want to try before you
purchase.

For developer testing in speech there is "IBM Home Page Reader
" is very affordable at $150.
http://www-306.ibm.com/able/