Yep and i would totally agree, but try telling that to marvin and youll
confuse
the poor guy, i was keeping things very simple for him/her.

From past knowledge, if your to add jargon (which it is to marvin here) you
would do more damage then good at this stage.

But yep Hassan is right. This is why many companies will take on people
from different feilds and not an All In One guy.

So again, you need to decide on what it is you want to do, and dont try to
take on the world, you will loose, i tryed, i lost and im sure alot of us
here
have.

Its actually good to accept that not many people can be all rounders and
keep
up will all the new conventions, updates, bugs ect in all the different
fields.

Do the one, or two, and be brilliant at it.

On 7/12/07, Hassan Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Not that this will necessarily address Marvin's issues, but I just
couldn't let it go by :-)

> First, lets understand the different aspects of web development.
>
> 1) Web Design - This involves understanding colors, extensive knowledge
> in graphics applications such as photoshop, illustrator or fireworks.

To which I'd say -- sorry, no, that's *graphic* design.

Real "web design" addresses business needs, information architecture,
user experience and interaction design. It's what enables creation of
wireframes or monochrome undecorated prototypes for usability testing
long before any graphic artist's involvement.

Without that, you're just painting pictures in markup...

IMO :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                            dream.  code.