Breton Slivka wrote:

Argghh no! the ignorance! Just stop going about thinking you know what you're talking about when it comes to Graphic Design! Graphic Design isn't "Make it Purdy", Graphic design isn't "Learn how to use photoshop". It's exactly that perception that leads to awful website after awful website. Certainly, aesthetic beauty is a *side effect* of the design process, but *do not* make the mistake of thinking that's what graphic design is.

Wow. Apparently I woke /someone/ up :-)

A Good graphic designer (one who is familiar with what graphic design actually is, rather than the ignorant stereotype you just displayed)

And *you* may well be an exception to the rule, but...

... But seriously, you are wrong about graphic design.

..but seriously, I have *never* seen an ad for a "Graphic Designer"
(or worse, mislabeled "Web Designer") that looked for anything but
Photoshop/Illustrator, possibly Flash, proficiency. Nothing about
BA/IA/UX/ID. Zip. Zed.

For the vast majority of such positions, it's all about "purty". :-)

Seriously. I do know exceptions -- Darrell Sano, who I worked with
at Sun, comes to mind -- but they're few and far between. Far too far.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           dream.  code.