From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matthew Ohlman
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:21 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] To target or not

Hello List,

I was curious what others opinions were on this issue...

Since W3C doesn't allow the target attribute in XHTML Strict, which do
you think is better?  Having the window opening up with JavaScript or
just keeping the page in the same window like W3C wants.

I assume the reason for not allowing the target attribute is for
accessibility--because screen readers can not control pop-ups.
Therefore it seems logical to me to keep it in the same window--even if
it is an external site, etc.

What does everyone think?

Matthew
--