Hi

Joyce Evans:

I always thought it was a good idea to open links to other websites in a
separate window, so you don't lose the visitor.  If the visitor clicks on
link on your website and it does not open into a separate window, the
visitor may stay in the other website for awhile, going to, say, 20
different pages.  Most likely, he's not going to click on the back button
20
times to get back to your website, so you've lost the visitor or potential
customer.  If the link opens up into a separate window, the visitor cannot
click on the back button, so he'll need to click on the exit (X) button,
and
voila, he's back in your website, where you want him to be.

Diego La Monica:
I wonder: who should decide where open new links you or the visitors of your
site?
I think they should be the last ones.

--
Diego La Monica
Web: programmazione, standards, accessibilità e 2.0