That has to be just about the nastiest version of all - I click a link
and get a new window. Fine, not what I wanted, but there was that other
link that looked interesting, I'll just go back to the first window and
open a few more links before I read that page. Hey! Where did they all
go!

Number one rule of interface design - be consistent. In this business
that means being consistent with what others are doing === follow web
standards === no new windows.

Mike