I thought max-width tells the browser: This is the limit of the width you can expand, regardless how big the screen is.

But my testing shows that, with a max-width of 60em, a 1680px wide monitor, when a browser is opened in full screen, with fontsize increases, the page just continued expanding until it reaches 1680px full screen. If I drag the screen to the second monitor, it keeps expanding. If I make the screen smaller to 900px, then expansion stop there.

Am I missing somthing?

I tried setting a max-width of 1024px and 60em width , it doesn't work, my test shows that FF and Safari ignore the max-width.

tee