Thierry Koblentz wrote:

> Isn't the responsibility of screen reader manufacturers to treat DLs for
> what they are?
>
> Following this logic, we should be  using basic table markup for layout
> to give people using old visual browsers a better experience.
>
> If we cheat with the markup to please user agents what's the incentive
> for SR manufacturers to take care of the problem?

If I hear you right, you're saying we should write code that may
disadvantage our users in the hope that it will influence how screen
reader manufacturers build their software?

I would have thought take care of your users first and foremost and then
lobby the vendors is a better approach.

--
Chris Knowles