From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matthew Pennell
Sent: 09 January 2008 14:12
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] standards-compliant designers

On Jan 9, 2008 2:01 PM, Andrew Maben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

standards-compliant designers represent perhaps 1% of the industry

is this really the figure - any sources?

It's impossible to say, unless you draw a line in the sand and define what
qualifies someone to call themselves a 'web designer'. Does it have to be
your job title? Your business? Do you have to be paid for it?

Our "industry" includes everyone from Zeldman to the marketing department
struggling with a CMS to back-bedroom solo web agencies to the neighbour's
kid with a copy of FrontPage.

--

- Matthew