> On Behalf Of dwain
>
> excellent suggestion!!  i have other plans for the page with the larger image
> as far as a "description" goes, but the link text suggestion is
> superb.  i wanted a way to let screen readers know that there was a
> description of the image for non-sighted, blind, whatever is politically
> correct these days, available for accessibility.

If these links are for screen-reader users, then why not hiding them in visual
browsers?
imho, many sighted users will be confused by your long description pages, I
believe most users won't understand their purpose.
Unless of course they do more than describing the image. For example, in the
case these images are not only described, but *interpreted* (for example by the
artist explaining his work, symbolic, etc).
If it is the latter, then the description is for all users.

--
Regards,
Thierry | http://www.TJKDesign.com