If that is the case, you could just use simple links and have a mention about clicking on the artwork to read an in-depth description.

dwain wrote:
i do go into some detail about color meanings and the symbolism behind the work, so i think that it could be of benefit to both sighted and visually challenged individuals.
dwain

On 2/2/08, *Thierry Koblentz* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    > On Behalf Of dwain
    >
    > excellent suggestion!!  i have other plans for the page with the
    larger image as far as a "description" goes, but the link text
    suggestion is
    > superb.  i wanted a way to let screen readers know that there
    was a description of the image for non-sighted, blind, whatever is
    politically
    > correct these days, available for accessibility.

    If these links are for screen-reader users, then why not hiding
    them in visual browsers?
    imho, many sighted users will be confused by your long description
    pages, I believe most users won't understand their purpose.
    Unless of course they do more than describing the image. For
    example, in the case these images are not only described, but
    *interpreted* (for example by the artist explaining his work,
    symbolic, etc).
    If it is the latter, then the description is for all users.

    --
    Regards,
    Thierry | http://www.TJKDesign.com

    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

dwain alford
"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."  Kandinsky

Christian Snodgrass
Azure Ronin Web Design
http://www.arwebdesign.net/ <http://www.arwebdesign.net>
Phone: 859.816.7955