I've been vaguely following this discussion and thought I would step in here.

Web 2.0 IS a buzzword that means to do nothing more than to imply the
"next step" of the web as a communications medium.
You could replace the term with "new and improved". It has been coined
to describe the phenomina of web applications such as Myspace,
Facebook, Flikr, Wikipedia; any web application that enables the
democratization and mass interaction of web-based information
regardless of its background programming language. World of Warcraft
and now the XBox 360 could be lumped in there too.

--

-pd- | www.fractal.ca