I have never seen the differences between the two doc types spelled
out like this. When I was learning CSS our instructor taught us to use
transitional-- less problems she said. I guess I fell into the belief
that strict was for those who knew CSS "forward and backward"  That
strict was unobtainable for those of us who still refer to a css
handbook at times and have a sense of dread with a new IE browser
release. There are times when getting a page to work on all browsers
and validate can be daunting enough just in transitional...

Is this really all the difference between the two doctypes? If I print
this out and place it beside the CSS handbook could I possibly obtain
Strict validation?

Thank you for posting this,
Dory