Hey Dory,

There are probably more detailed outline of all the differences but the ones
listed are a start.

If you are after strict validation, then the W3C's HTML validator is your
friend. When you test a document using the tool it will tell you what is
invalid and (even though the explanations are sometimes a little intense)
give you an explanation on what is wrong. These explanations are a good
teaching aid!

It is also important to understand that a strict and valid document is not
the ultimate aim - it is just one aspect of best practice. For example, you
can create a document that is valid but uses poor semantics or poor
accessible markup.

Ideally we should be aiming to create documents that:

- Valid
- Use Semantic markup
- Use Accessible markup
- Separate markup, presentation and behaviour

Thanks
Russ