Susie Gardner-Brown wrote:

http://crunchie.tedi.uq.edu.au/trials/UCTLC/index6.html

That big image on the right is a bg image in a container that has
absolute positioning. It works fine in Firefox on my Mac, but IE6 it
drops down.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

You're trying to fixed-position a background, which I don't think you
really want since that means the background is positioned relative to
the browser-window - not the page.

Anyway, IE6 can't handle fixed backgrounds on regular elements inside
body, so it is absolute positioning that background.

Change to...

#entryContainer {
        background: #FFF url(entry-bg.jpg) no-repeat 193px 0;

}

...and IE6 will line up with the other browsers - or rather the other
way around but with all parts in the correct places.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no