" I have no success in selling accessibility when I try to find clients,
nobody buys it, so whatever extra care I make for accessibility is from me,
free of charge"

Accessibility is really not that difficult to put in place - I also believe
as professionals providing web design / development services that this
should not be an addon that we charge but part of what the client should
expect too get - imagine a builder charging you to make your house
compliant. :) I have a strong belief that here in Australia a lot of
websites are going to be tested on discrimination grounds - do you want to
be the one bearing this as the provider?

Cheers
Adam

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:56 PM, tee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 21, 2008, at 4:48 AM, Adam Martin wrote:
>
>  I would also like to add that staying on the page when adding a product to
>> the cart is quite likely going to use javascript (aka ajax) to add the
>> product to the cart and inform the user that the item has been added. This
>> obviously has both usability and accessibility issues.
>>

> Hi Adam, just learned that I can easily switch on/off from the
> configuration, and the js validation has already in place. The transition of
> how the message shows up isn't very smooth (jumpy!) when the product to add
> to cart isn't at the top of the page.
>
> I will try talk client out of it, my worry is that this is not a client who
> cares about people using other UA except the common browsers.  I have no
> success in selling accessibility when I try to find clients, nobody buys it,
> so whatever extra care I make for accessibility is from me, free of charge,
> that I have not found anybody appreciate it except people from this list :-)
> Such is a reality.
>

>> I think Magento's approach is pretty standard and what the user expects.
>> The idea that by taking someone to the cart will stop them shopping is in my
>> opinion very flawed. In fact, i would argue in the opposite - in that if the
>> customer merrily puts item in the cart - they will then get a shock when
>> they do get too see the cart.. and give up.
>>
>> Great work magento is doing... I have been playing with it since day 1.
>>

> Same here. There were times (in beta) I regretted being jumping in too
> early for this software, however, as the site's launch date gets closer, I
> feel that I have after all made a great choice talking client into waiting
> this long - I'd been building this site since day 1. A great learning
> opportunity that I can also get paid.
>
> tee

> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://myfitness.ning.com
A community of people that care about their health and fitness
Free fitness videos, recipes, blogs, photos etc.