My 2 cents:

I've been coding CSS layouts since 2003. I've probably laid out several hundred sites at this point.

Today, I always code on FF first (yes for the tools). Yes, Opera renders a little more accurately. Once you learn little CSS tricks to stabilize floated items, their containers etc your pages should look good in Opera and Safari first run when coded on FF.

Once you learn the troublespots in IE (widths with padding, dealing with heights) they're easy to spot and fix. Many of the issues can be solved by one extra element in your html (or one less depending).

Best way to troubleshoot if you haven't dealt with all the bugs is to remove stuff from your page until you can isolate your trouble spot.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Designer / Developer/
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Fax: (866) 301-8045
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

huzairy rezuan wrote:
I think that I've read about this in Andy Clarke's Transcending CSS book. Maybe it's under the Progressive Enhancement approach.