[snip]

> Take, for instance, a menu that depends on the user moving the mouse
> over the title to cause the menu to appear.
>
> Now approach it with a keyboard - there aren't any links (in their
> theoretical example) for the focus to go to, so the menu can't be used -
> even those the client supports JavaScript.
>
> Next approach it with a touch screen (on an iPhone for example). The
> client supports JS. The client can click. But the client can't hover the
> pointer over anything. It's broken again.
>
> Then there are other arguments again them:
> http://www.message.uk.com/index.php?page=81

"[screen reader users] have no choice but to listen to the whole darn list"

I'm not sure the above argument is valid since it depends how the list items
are hidden, as these two different examples show:
- http://tjkdesign.com/articles/new_drop_down/
- http://tjkdesign.com/articles/keyboard_friendly_dropdown_menu/EK.asp

--
Regards,