> On Mar 25, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
>
> > tee wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry for my ignorant, is IE8 out?
> >
> > Yes, as of March 19th.
> >
> > Keep an eye on a site like this...
> > <http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/>
> > ...and you'll at most only be a few days off regarding new releases.
>
> Georg, thanks.
>
> I have developed a work fatigue symptom that I don't want to deal with
> any beta version of browsers until they finally arrived.
>
> Strange that Microsoft is a bit shy with the new release because  I
> have not been prompted to update the browser each time I turned on the
> PC. None of my clients' sites that I have access to their analytics,
> show IE 8 stats, except mine.

Shy no; more careful. Forcing major version updates on day 1 is generally
risky. Security updates are treated differently.

More info on Windows Update plans for IE8:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/01/06/ie8-blocker-toolkit-available-today.aspx

> Good news is, all sites are rendering properly as I expected them be,
> except one that the jQuery slide show is showing the exact problem as
> I saw in IE6 and 7.
>
> A heads up, I was using Classic View for my Vista, in IE8 with
> standard mode the sites all had a few paddings/margins issue in a
> number of pages where absolute position is declared, and on few areas
> where there is darken background color with lighter 1px horizontal
> line, the line turns to solid white. Soon as  I switched to Vista
> View, all these problems disappeared.

Is the URL for this so I can escalate to IE8 team?

Nick Hodge
Professional Geek, Microsoft Australia