Accessibility is: 1% of equality [1] + 99% of empathy :)

Internet is invented by the West, Web-standards movement was originated in the
West, all those corporates that make software, have a big influence and
dominated the market  (Microsoft, Freedom Scientific, Adobe...) are all from
the West. Western mindset is all about  freedom of *fill_in_blank* + equal
access + right of use, but empathy is quick lacking the way I see it.  Green
business has a term, greenwashing, perhaps we should have a term for
"accessibilty-washing", that is,  1% of equality minus 99% of empathy, I often
think that this is the reason why web accessibility is slow crawling, because
there isn't profit in making accessible software, web application, websites ,
etc. And it's that empathy that one has that makes one willing to run extra
miles to make an accessible website, but one's effort is limited, on this
notion, I can understand some of Jason's argument, though I don't agree with
him.

Some culture in the East has the notion of empathy but lack of freedom of
*fill_in_blank* + equal access + right of use", and they have to learn the
Web-standards and accessibility knowledge using English  and learn from the
West.

I am pretty certain Tim Berners-Lee on "The power of the Web is in its
universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential
aspect" includes 99% of empathy.

tee