I just had problems with ampersands in google static maps,
where if placing multiple pins in 1 map I had to change &markers=
to &markers=, otherwise wouldn't work at all
MM

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Dan Webb <libweb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Years ago, I use to painstakingly and religiously convert & to &amp;
> when ever I encountered it (HTML 4.01 Strict doctype).
>
> It's still pegged as invalid by the W3C validator, but is it really
> still necessary these days? What could possibly go wrong in modern
> browsers?
>
> I'm talking specifically here about ampersands in URLs that are
> provided to me by database vendors, which I have no control over; I'm
> about to start inserting literally 100s of them into static html
> pages.
>
> thanks,
>
> danny  boy.

Ing. Michal Mikšík
web designer/developer

Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC

Web: http://moonpixel.com

This E-mail is Intended Solely for the Addressee(s) and May be Confidential.

- If you are not the named addressee, or if the message has been E-mailed to
you in error, you must not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute or use this
E-mail.

- Delivery of this E-mail to any person other than the named addressee is
not intended in any way to waive confidentiality.

- If you have received this E-mail in error please contact the sender or
delete the message, thank you.